Prof Dr Usha Marath
Last Updated on October 25, 2021 by admin
||PTRRA- 429A, Kollamparambil,
Classy Enclave Lane, Paraekatt Temple Road,
Chembumukku, P O Thrikakkara
Ernakulam – 682021
||Professor cum Principal
|Date of joining
|Date of birth
||Calicut University 1988
||Delhi University 1995
|RN RM, RN 12269
Date of registration of additional qualification
||3 years 6 months
||22 years 9 months
Membership in professional body
||Life Member No. KL 35414
|Indian Society of
Psychiatric Nurses (ISPN)
Society of India
- Kerala University of Health Sciences,
Faculty of Nursin
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health
Sciences and Consortium for PhD in
Nursing – Indian Nursing Council- New
- Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal
Tibrewala University, Rajasthan
- Number of PhD students : 5
- Member of Institutional Ethical Committee- Lisie Medical and Educational Institutions, Lisie Hospital, Ernakulam, Kerala.
- Chairperson of sexual harassment cell- Lisie Medical and Educational Institutions, Lisie Hospital, Ernakulam, Kerala.
- Editor –in- chief – Lisie Newsletter, – Lisie Medical and Educational Institutions, Lisie Hospital, Ernakulam, Kerala.
- Member editorial board- Kerala Nursing forum. TNAI, Kerala branch.
- Member Board of Studies – NIMHANS – Bangalore.
- MarathUsha and Ramachandra. Leadership Development Package. Kerala Nursing Forum, 2011; 6(4), 25-28.
- MarathUsha and Ramachandra, Concepts and Characteristics of Nursing Leadership, The Nursing Journal of India, 2012;CIII (1), 09-12.
- MarathUsha. Nursing Leadership Development. Nightingale Nursing Times. 2014; 10(6), 33-35.
- MarathUsha and Ramachandra. Impact of Leadership Development Package on Leadership Competencies of Head Nurses. International Journal of Nursing Education. 2015; 7(1), 87-93.
- MarathUsha and Ramachandra. Impact of Leadership Development Package on Leadership Competencies of Undergraduate Nursing Students. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research April- June 2015; 5(2), 137-144.
- Joseph Josna and MarathUsha. Effectiveness of interpersonal relationship skill training programme on the knowledge, attitude and practice of interpersonal skills among nursing assistants in the care of patients with mental illness at selected mental health centre in Kerala. Indian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, July 2015; 10(1),23-27.
- Vavachan Mary Rincy and MarathUsha. Effectiveness of De-escalation Skill Training Programme on Knowledge and Practice of De-escalation Skill among Nurses. International Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, July-December 2015;1(2), 19-24.
- Sait A R Azharudheen and Marath Usha. Effectiveness of a Psycho Educational Package (PEP) on Knowledge Regarding Antipsychotics, Medication Adherence, and Sense of Well being among Clients with Schizophrenia in Selected Hospitals of Kerala. International Journal of Nursing Care. January-June 2016;4 (1),21-26.
- Marath Usha. Soaring to New Heights- Appreciative Inquiry Approach. Kerala Nursing Forum (the official journal of trained nurses association of India, Kerala Branch) July- September 2016, 11(03), 05-11.
- Marath Usha. Issues and Challenges in Psychiatric Consultation-Liaison Nurse (PCLN). International Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, July-December 2018, 4(2), 89-91.
- Marath Usha. Competence of novice nurses to enter nursing practice as perceived by ward in charges. The Nursing Journal of India, May- June 2019, CX (3), 135-137.
- Marath Usha. Empowering Community with Positive Mental Health, Souvenir, 18th Annual conference of Indian Society of Psychiatric Nurses 2019. 64-70.
- Marath Usha. Knowing the Patient- Implications to Nursing. Kerala Nursing Forum (the official journal of trained nurses association of India, Kerala Branch) July- Sep 2019, 14(3), 9-16.
- Regy Varghese, Anjitha Nice Devassy, Ginu Mary Jacob, Namrada Shailu, Nasrin Nazar, Teenu P Varghese, Usha Marath. Effectiveness of selected exercises in the promotion of sense of wellbeing among geriatric population. Nursing Forum (the official journal of trained nurses association of India, Kerala Branch) October- December 2019, 14(4), 37-44.
Professional Development Activities
- Certificate programme in Young Adults Guidance and Counselling (CYAGC) conducted under Kerala University of Health Sciences Centre for Studies on Health of Young Adults in the 2019 batch.
- Certificate of training on ICH GCP E6 R2, ICMR Guidelines 2017 & Schedule Y amendments conducted by Cytespace Research Private Limited on 17 June 2019.
- One day seminar on “Positive Leadership- Translate Vision into Reality” at Lourdes College of Nursing Chembumukku, Ernakulam Kerala on 27 April 2019. Resource person. Presented on topic ‘Increasing Visibility and Credibility.’
- Annual national conference of Indian Society of Psychiatric Nurses. Theme “ Role of Nurse in Promoting Positive Mental Health.” 15 to 17 February 2019. Resource person and Chairperson for scientific session at Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health, Tezpur Assam. Presented on topic – community empowerment for positive mental health.
- National Conference of Trained Nurses Association of India on Theme: “Nursing on a Global Scale: Tomorrow belongs to us” held at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium, Dona Paula,Goa on 14 and 15 December 2018 as a delegate. Presented a scientific paper ‘ A Study to find the Competence of Novice Nurses to enter Nursing Practice as perceived by the ward in charges of selected hospitals in Ernakulam.’
- International Conference on Nurses and Midwives for Universal Health Coverage endorsed by the International Council of Nurses from November 29 to December 1, 2018 at New Delhi, India by Indian Nursing Council. Attended as a delegate.
- 17th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Psychiatric Nurses on Theme: Liaison Psychiatry: Nurses role held at Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gururgram New Delhi from 09th to 11th March 2018 as a Pannelist and delegate.
- State level conference on “Quality Upgradation in Nursing Service and Education” – BY TNAI Kerala State Branch and INC – on 1st October 2017 at Ernakulam Kerala.
- 3rd International Conference of Indian Society of Psychiatric Nurses (ISPN)- “ Rehabilitation of Persons with Mental Illness: Nursing Perspectives”- Resource Person and Participant, 10th-12th February 2017- Convention Center- NIMHANS, Bengaluru.
- State Level Workshop on “Student Portfolio- Discovering the best in you.” – Organizing Chairperson and Resource Person. 0n 25th October 2016, Lisie College of Nursing, Ernakulam.
- State Level Workshop on “Affective Domain of Teaching: Facilitating Comprehensive Learning Ecologies”- Organizing Chaiperson and Resource Person. On 21st July 2015.Lisie College of Nursing Ernakulam
- In-service education programme on “Effective Management of Violent Behaviour” at Government Mental Health Centre Thrissur- Organizing Chairperson on 3rd June 2015.
- Workshop on “SOAR Analysis- an Effective Guide for Excellence”- Resource person- 20th to 21st February 2015 and 6thto 7th March 2015. Sidhi Sadan Lourde College of Nursing Ernakulam
- 74thBiennial Conference of The Trained Nurses Association of India- “Developing effective leaders in Nursing: Today and Tomorrow, for Quality Patient Care”. – Attended the plenary session and presented Scientific paper “Impact of Leadership Development Package on Leadership Competencies of Head Nurses.”On 21-22 November 2014.
- Workshop on “Material Management: Reflection of the Past- Directions for the Future”- Organizing Chairperson and Participant on 29th August 2014.Lisie College of Nursing Ernakulam.
- Workshop on “Organization of Learning Experiences” – Organizing Chairperson and Resource person.On 12th August 2014. Lisie College of Nursing Ernakulam.
- Centre for Women and Family Studies- One day training programme on “Legislative measures against sexual harassment in educational institutions”.On 31st July 2014. NUALS , Ernakulam.
- 13th Annual National Conference of ISPN on “Multidimensional Strategies for Tobacco cessation – Psychiatric Nursing Perspectives”- participated and chaired scientific session. From 8th to 10th February 2014.
- Workshop on “Test Construction – an onerous part of Evaluation”- Organizer and Resource person.On 5th September 2013.
- 12th Annual Conference of ISPN “Somatoform Disorders- A Mental Health Nursing Perspective”- Organizer, participant, chaired Scientific session Neurobiology of Somatoform Disorder and delivered invited lecture on Bridging Gap- Present and Future. From 25th to 27th March 2013.
- One day Dementia Conference- Participant on 16th February 2013.
- Annual Conference of TNAI on “Issues and Challenges in Nursing Service and Education”- Delegate on 3rd November 2012.
- Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Nursing Education and Practice”- Participant on 19th January 2012.
- International Conference on “Challenges in Clinical Nursing Research”- Delegate from 9th January and 10th January 2010.
- Workshop on “Renaissance 2010- Nursing Documentation”- Organizer on 12th October 2010.
- 13th National Conference of Nursing Research Society of India on “Standards in Nursing Education- Implications for Practice”- Delegate from 12th November to 13th November 2009.
- ISPN Second International Conference on “Human Rights in Mental Health Nursing Practice”- participated in scientific deliberations from 10th to 12th October 2009.
- Continuing Nursing Education Programme (Govt. Of India/ DGHS Aided) on “Building Human Relations Skills for Quality Care”- Resource person from 23rd March to 1st April 2009
- 12th National Conference of Nursing Research Society of India on “Action Research- Bridging the gap between Nursing Knowledge and Nursing Practice”- participated in the scientific Deliberations from 17th November to 18th November 2008.
- Workshop on “Evidence Based Nursing Practice”- Resource Person on 7th November 2008.
- ISPN 7th Annual National Conference on “Promotion of Mental Health and Prevention of Mental Disorders”- Organizer and presented a paper on “Indicators of Mental Health” from 9th February to 11th February 2008.
- First International Conference of ISPN on “ Adolescent Mental Health- issues and Problems: Nursing Perspectives” – participated, Co- chaired and Presented paper on “ Mental health Status of intermediate students and its relationship with selected variables” on 7th to 9th February 2005.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Mental Health Status and Quality of Life of Women”- participated in the scientific Deliberations from 7th October to 9th October 2004.
- Participated in a ten day course on “Educational Technology” from 29th May to 7th June 1995.